Have you been thinking about how to automate your Facebook audience uploading process in Salesforce? We too. So, we came up with the idea of a unique app where you can load all your contacts into the system with only one button click. And all of that is for free! Are you interested? Then look at the guide our developers prepared for you.
What’s the Facebook Marketing Campaigns Package?
Facebook Marketing Package is an application on Appexchange that brings automation to the audience uploading process. With it, you can use existing campaigns and related campaign member Contacts as a source for the new Facebook audience. In addition, all campaign members under selected campaigns will be loaded into a new custom audience on Facebook with one click.
After total users upload, you can use your new custom audience SObject as a source for a new lookalike audience just in one button click. Select your preferred ratio, country and save a new lookalike. In case the initial audience is available and contains enough users, the new Facebook lookalike will be created.
1. Get the Facebook Marketing integration parameters.
Make sure you already have a Facebook App and have enabled a Marketing API. If not, follow the following steps:
- Go to developers.facebook.com and add a new app
- Open your new app and go to Add New Product page. Select a Marketing API and press Set Up
- Go to Tools and create New Sandbox Ad Account
Now you can obtain all Facebook Marketing related parameters. Open the selected Facebook application and go to the Dashboard page, where you can find your App ID and App Secret. On the Marketing API --> Tools page, you can see one of your Advertising account IDs.
Optionally, you can generate Access Token. Go to the Marketing API --> Tools page, select token permission by clicking on checkboxes (for marketing API integration, you need ads_management and ads_read permissions), and click Generate Token button.
2. Connect Facebook App with Organization:
- Open your Facebook App and go to Settings -> Basic and press Add platform. Input in the Site URL field your organization URL. Add to App Domain list your organization URL. Save changes
- Go to Settings -> Advanced and find the Advertising Accounts section. In the Authorized Ad Account IDs field, input your selected Advertising account ID. Save changes
- Next, we should allow token refreshing. Go to Add New Product page. Select Facebook Login and press Set Up. Next, select the Web option in the Site Url field input your organization URL. Save changes.
3. Package installation and post-install steps
After package installation, if you don’t have Remote Site Setting for Tooling API, you will have the option to create such. Just press this button and follow the installation steps.
Further, you will be able to set up Facebook API settings. Set up early obtained parameters in related input fields and press Save. Now installation is completed.
4. Campaign layout setup
Go to the Campaign Page Layout page and press Layout Assignment. Assign for selected profiles campaign layout from Facebook Marketing Campaign package. Now the package is fully ready to use. You may choose the Facebook Marketing App and start working with the package to simplify usage. Congratulations!
Allows you to use the Campaign layout from the package. The package uses campaign members (lookup on contact) as users from the audience. While creating a new campaign, you may add some Facebook-related parameters:
- Key schema – identifies which people’s key schema data you want to pass into the Facebook audience. By default, you can use just Email key schema: however, multiple key-schema mapping increases your match rate with the audience.
- Phone schema mapping – identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in Phone key schema.
- City schema mapping – identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in City key schema.
- State schema mapping – identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in State key schema. Values in contact in this field should be 2-character ANSI abbreviation code, lowercase. Normalize states outside the US in lower case, no punctuations, no special characters, no blank space.
- Country schema mapping – identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in the Country key schema. Values in contact in this field should be 2-letter country codes in ISO 3166-1 alpha-2.
- ZIP code schema mapping – identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in ZIP code key schema. Use only the first 5 digits for the US Use Area/District/Sector format for the UK.
You can leave all these fields empty and pick only Emails from users’ data. As soon as a new campaign is created, you may create a new Custom Audience in the Audience section. If you have not set up an access token on post-installation steps, you will be redirected to Facebook to identify your user and obtain a new access token.
After the successful token update, you will be redirected to the new Audience edit layout if you already have the correct token. By default, it takes the current campaign as a source (actual campaign members) and the campaign name as a part of its name (this parameter doesn’t play the key role, so it can be changed). When the new custom audience is created, it receives the Facebook audience Id parameter a few moments later, and now this audience can be used as a source for a lookalike audience.
On the lookalike audience edit layout, you may choose the ratio and start ratio parameters (0.01-0.2) and select a country where you want to find similar people to your source audience. Part of the name parameters will be taken from the source audience (this parameter doesn’t play the key role. Therefore, it can be changed).
The source audience will be checked for delivery status every hour as soon as the new lookalike audience is created.
Your source audience should contain 200 and more users for availability as the source for the lookalike. Attempts to create the new lookalike will be rejected if the source won’t ready two days later. A new Facebook lookalike audience will be made if the source is prepared. Its Id will be passed to CRM and saved in related fields in the lookalike audience as SObject.
All package-related API requests can be tracked by API request log SObject. It contains an action name request string and a response string.
We hope this article was helpful for you. If you have any questions or propositions, do not hesitate to send us an email or simply write your comments to this article. We are here to help. Enjoy using our app!
Editor’s Note: This post was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in December 2021.