Salesforce has become the #1 CRM globally for the past 16 years. Its ecosystem is about $73 billion. 83% of Fortune 500 firms and 150,000 other companies utilize Salesforce.
The number of the platform’s products rises, paving the way for their services in the marketplace. It is achieved by professional Salesforce consultants known as the Product Development Outsourcers or PDOs.
These PDOs have an excellent concentration on the technical aspect of the Salesforce operations. In addition, they comprehend the business models for Independent Software Vendors or ISV.
This article will expound on Salesforce PDO, emphasizing its significant benefits, types, and ways of finding Salesforce PDOs on AppExchange.
What’s a Salesforce PDO?
PDOs (Product Development Outsourcers) is a set of consulting vendors and partners with the technical know-how of creating commercial apps and other essential services, such as funding, training, marketing, or even apps selling.
The specialized partners could aid architects in designing commercial apps, tackling certain areas, such as integration of third-party or augment the development team.
Practically speaking, Salesforce PDOs have to handle every technical concern on developing the Salesforce app, third-party integrations, technical configuration/implementation, or component development.
Although the firms are concentrated on the technical Salesforce aspect, they could work equally as a group extension for another Salesforce partner that might lack enough Salesforce development abilities.
Benefits of Salesforce PDO
PDOs are exceptionally established to help partners in their quest to the AppExchange. However, the main benefits of Salesforce PDOs include:
- PDOs mainly operate with your business team to prevent challenges in technical work requirements.
- They can operate the complete technical solutions of Salesforce projects from scratch to apps deployment on AppExchange. They also deliver well in project implementation.
- WhWhat’sore, PDOs can operate the total Salesforce security reviews and its process in ISV cases.
- Since PDOs assist with integration, custom development, and app deployment, you can concentrate on product issues.
- Another advantage of PDOs is that they can handle several projects simultaneously with other Salesforce firms that lack expertise or development capacity.
- More so, when working with nearshore or offshore Salesforce PDOs, you could reduce the expenses and increase the project profitability.
- Also, PDOs aid in transferring every technical documentation; thus, your clients could utilize more needs alongside other partners or even different integrations.
- Finally, PDOs make a successful pre-sales procedure and rightly examine the project budget and timelines.
Types of Salesforce PDOs
There are 4 clusters and levels for PDO firms: Certified Specialist, Certified Navigator, Specialist Navigator, and Master Navigator.
Their significant differences in partnership status showed in the search filtering of the AppExchange and some extra domain expertise in the Salesforce ecosystem.
There are distinct requirements that are different for every level. The PDO program features specialization directories for the partners present for the prominent two PDO tiers, Masters Navigator and Specialist Navigator.
Some of the specialties aren’t in the Master selection of PDO on the story or project submission form. This is because the specialization is in another called Product Master. Those that begin under PDO are specified under PDO Masters. However, these are specializations possible lists:
- PDO; the security review and AppExchange listings
- PDO; Integration- Connects Apps- Lightning Connect
- PDO; Namespaces- the managed plans.
- PDO; LMA- COA- The environment hub.
- Custom apps development; the process
- PDO; the lightning component.
- PDO; the shield
- PDO; the Einstein analytics
- PDO; the trial force
- Salesforce Platform; Custom apps development- the coding
- Salesforce Platform; Data services and Heroku application development
- Salesforce Platform; Huge volumes of data
- Salesforce Platform; The mobile customer apps development
- Community Cloud; A community self-service
How to locate Salesforce PDOs on AppExchange
AppExchange is the store that empowers companies to extend the Salesforce functionality in every industry and department. It is an online marketplace concerning Salesforce apps and consulting.
The AppExchange platform features a filter used in AppExchange apps development. Salesforce account managers or technical evangelists could refer the right PDOs that would be excellently suited for given requirements.
Who’s responsible for PDOs in Salesforce?
These are the three people in Salesforce found engaged in partner processes concerning the PDO program.
- Verity Denman, the EMEA Senior Partner Program Manager in Salesforce
- Ravi Ravichandran, the Architect in Salesforce
- Marc Kuster, the Director, AppExchange and ISV Technical Enablement EMEA in Salesforce
Synebo is a product development, Salesforce development, and consulting firm that got its status from Salesforce. It means that we are recognized as a proven outsourcing services provider.
As you can see, PDOs are a viable go-to-market strategy for AppExchange Applications. They get your app into the marketplace quickly at a reduced cost and can be a great help for enterprises that use AppExchange to support integrations.
If you have any questions about PDOs or Salesforce development, contact us or write your comment below.
Editor’s Note: This post was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in January 2022.