We’ve talked to our developers to share the most valuable insights about the Salesforce Lightning Experiences. They have found one problem with the new CRM version that can be annoying. This article offers you a solution. So, let’s dive into it!
What is Salesforce Lightning?
Salesforce Lightning is a platform for app development from salesforce.com that simplifies processes for business users, who typically do not have programming experience.
It was first announced at the Dreamforce conference in 2015 when it decided to move its CRM platform forward.
Compared to Salesforce Classic, Lightning has a better UI experience and includes features like news about key accounts and deals and performance charts.
The new Salesforce version allows you to build custom pages for Lightning Experience and Salesforce mobile apps and add third-party components from the AppExchange.
Basically, Lightning Experience is pages that are optimized for sales and service use. New features help your sales and service teams focus on the right deals, the right customers, and the right activities every time users log in.
What’s the problem?
Lightning allows us to create convenient, feature-rich components. However, the problem is that there is not all the functionality from classic Salesforce that is currently implemented. This leads to a more time-consuming and expensive component development process.
For example, if you want to include Lookup Field in your custom Lightning Component, you have two solutions:
- You may spend your precious time researching, writing, and testing your Custom component for Lookup.
- Use our helpful solution.
We have created the “Lightning Universal Lookup Component” that will save you time when you want to add a lookup field on your custom component. Now you do not need to lose time creating and testing your component for lookup. Just use it.
We use a Lightning design System, so the component looks and works like a standard Lightning Lookup field. Our component is easy to customize and implement. You could use it for custom and standard objects. Also, it works in Salesforce1.
We have managed and unmanaged package versions.
To implement our solution, you will have to:
- Add Lookup component in your lightning component or application
- Create a variable for selected Id
- Add two following attributes in a component CustomLookupField:
- objectType – API name of Salesforce Object. Could be Standard or Customized.
- selectedRecordId – a variable that will contain the Id of the selected record.
- Further, you may add optional attributes:
- readOnly – is field readOnly. Default is false.
- label – label. Default is labeled from Object.
- showFiveRecent – feature from standard lookup field, reflects 5 recently viewed records. Default is true.
- widthPX – width of the field. Default is ‘300px’.
Here, at Synebo, we are always trying to find the best and the most optimized way for our customers to satisfy their needs fully, and we are adhering to saving their budget.
We emphasized for ourselves one of the possible solutions in reaching this, which is creating components that would accelerate and simplify the development process in the future. As a result, our company succeeded in creating products and capabilities which are easy to use, integrate and support.
Editor’s Note: This post was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in December 2021.